Ensembl 86 is scheduled for September 2016, highlights include:
New mouse strains
- Annotated genome assemblies, variation data and comparative analyses of 16 different mouse strains will be included in Ensembl 86.
Updated assemblies, gene sets and annotations
- Human: updated cDNA alignments and RefSeq import
- Mouse: updated cDNA alignments and RefSeq import
- Zebrafish: updated gene set and RefSeq import
- Chicken: updating to the Galgal_5.0 assembly
- Mouse lemur: updating to the Mmur_2.0 assembly
- Macaque: updating to the Mmul_8.0.1 assembly
New lincRNA data
New GRCh37 tools converted from 1000 Genomes Project
A number of tools previously developed for use in the 1000 Genomes Project browser have now been converted for use with the GRCh37 assembly in Ensembl:
- Dataslicer tool- This tool allows you to get a subset of data from a BAM or VCF file.
- Variation pattern finder tool- This tool allows you to identify variation patterns in a chromosomal region of interest for different individuals.
- Forge analysis tool- This tool takes a list of variants and analyses their enrichment in functional regions from the ENCODE or Roadmap Epigenome project on a tissue specific basis.
Other updates and highlights
- Variation and phenotype databases updates
For more details on the declared intentions, please visit our Ensembl admin site. Please note that these are intentions and are not guaranteed to make it into the release.