Ensembl release 71 is scheduled for release in April 2013. We expect this release to include, among other things:
- SIFT scores for all possible changes to the proteome in human, mouse, zebrafish, pig, cow, chicken, rat and dog
- New “clinically associated” summary track on Region in Detail for human
- VISTA Enhancers updated for human and mouse to the latest release (28/1/2013).
- New DNA methylation data
- New whole genome bisulphite sequencing (WGBS) sperm data set for human
- Several reduced representation bisulphite sequencing (RRBS) sets for mouse
- Import of COSMIC version 63 and update of COSMIC structural variants
- Updated gene sets
- Updated cDNA alignments for human and mouse
- Phenotype data for some farm animals
- New assemblies
- Chicken (Gallus_gallus4.0), including RNAseq
- C. elegans (WBcel235)
For more details on the declared intentions, please visit our Ensembl admin site. Please note that these are intentions and are not guaranteed to make it into the release.