Ensembl release 70 is scheduled for release in January 2013.
We expect this release to include, among other things:
- Updated patches for the Human assembly (GRCh37.p10) and inclusion of patches for Mouse assembly (GRCm38.p1).
- Imported HGMD-PUBLIC data from release 2012.3 with regulatory data for Human.
- An increased number of human phenotype annotations.
- Updated human and mouse CCDS sets.
- An update of the HAVANA manual curation for human and Mouse.
- Imported COSMIC’s latest release and update of COSMIC’s structural variants.
- Human BodyMap data reanalysed using the recently updated RNASeq pipeline.
- The latest sequence variants from dbSNP build 137 for Mouse and Cow.
- A new regulatory build for Mouse including a much broader coverage for the Embryonic Fibroblast (MEF) build and additional data on other cell types.
- New assemblies for Rat (Rnor 5.0) and Cat (Felis catus 6.2).
- Updated Drosophila geneset to FlyBase version 5.46.
For more details on the declared intentions, please visit our Ensembl admin site. Please note that these are intentions and are not guaranteed to make it into the release.