The Ensembl Genomes Project is pleased to announce release 15 of Ensembl Genomes.
This release contains two new genomes, bringing the total genomes supported to 354. Main highlights are:
* Cross-references to other databases have been updated for Ensembl Metazoa.
* A set of homoeologous SNPs between wheat A, B and D genomes using wheat contigs aligned to Brachypodium distachyon as a reference framework is now available, a structural variation dataset for Sorghum bicolor has been imported from dGVA, and a variety of small improvements to our assembly, annotation and variation datasets have been incorporated. See the Ensembl Plants homepage for details.
* RNA-Seq data from the ENA Sequence Read Archive have been aligned to the genomes of Pythium ultimum, Phytophthora sojae and Albugo laibachii. A variation database for Phytophthora infestans using ENA Sequence Read Archive of three different strains is now available.
* Software migration to Ensembl 68
* New Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) are now available for all domains of Ensembl Genomes. Have a question? Check if it’s been asked before! If there is a FAQ missing you would like to see, contact us.
The Ensembl Genomes Team