We’re already gearing up for Ensembl 89, scheduled for May 2017. It’s a slimline release this time, with just a handful of highlights:
Updated assemblies, gene sets and annotations
- Human: updated cDNA alignments
- Mouse: updated cDNA alignments and update to Ensembl-Havana GENCODE gene set
Other updates and highlights
- Variation and phenotype database updates, including COSMIC version 80.
- GnomAD frequencies will be available via the website, VEP and APIs.
- Mapping of array probes to 15 different mouse strains in Ensembl.
For more details on the declared intentions, please visit our Ensembl admin site. Please note that these are intentions and are not guaranteed to make it into the release.