Ensembl 78 is scheduled for December 2014. Highlights include:
Updated gene sets and annotations
- Mouse: updated to GENCODE M4 including manually annotated HAVANA annotation, with new assembly patches (GRCm38.p3).
- Updated pig HAVANA annotation in Vega.
- Updated C. elegans annotation (WS245).
Other highlights and data sets
- Human and mouse Transcript Support Levels (TSLs) accessible through Ensembl BioMart.
- APPRIS (a system for annotating alternative splice isoforms) flags imported from CNIO available now for human, mouse, rat and zebrafish.
- New Gene gain/loss tree view.
- Update data from the Animal QTL database for chicken, cow, horse, pig and sheep.
- Gene Summary page will display all versions of the gene:
For more details on the declared intentions, please visit our Ensembl admin site. Please note that these are intentions and are not guaranteed to make it into the release.