Ensembl 77 is scheduled for release in October 2014. Highlights for the coming release include:
Updated gene sets and annotations
- GENCODE 21 release of human including HAVANA manual annotation
- Updated rat gene set including manual annotation from HAVANA
- Updated Amazon molly gene set
New species (with RNASeq data)
Other features and data sets
- Transcript Support Levels (TSLs) imported from UCSC. TSLs for human will be based on the GENCODE 20 gene set and TSLs for mouse will be based on the GENCODE M2 gene set. Transcript Support Level is a method to highlight the well-supported and poorly-supported transcript models for users.
- BigBed file for the human Age of Base track.
- Data matrix configuration extended to all species with RNASeq data.
For more details on the declared intentions, please visit our Ensembl admin site. Please note that these are intentions and are not guaranteed to make it into the release.