Ensembl 72 is scheduled for release in June 2013. We expect this release to include, among other things:
- Updated patches for the human assembly (GRCh37.p11).
- Imported HGMD-PUBLIC data from release 2013.1 with regulatory data for human.
- Import of COSMIC version 64 and update of COSMIC structural variants.
- Addition of phenotype associations data from OMIM and Orphanet and data from GIANT and MAGIC association studies.
- Updated HAVANA manual curation for human and mouse.
- Import of the genotypes from the Mouse Genomes Project, SNP Release Version 3.
- Addition of variation data for Gibbon.
- Addition of a form to search an individual in the “Individual genotypes” page (variation tab) and a new page listing the publications where the variation has been cited.
- Updated CCDS sets and cDNA alignments for human and mouse.
- Updated mitochondrial sequence and annotation for several species including alpaca, lamprey, platyfish and xenopus.
For more details on the declared intentions, please visit our Ensembl admin site. Please note that these are intentions and are not guaranteed to make it into the release.