Ensembl release 69 is scheduled for release in October.
We expect this release to include, among other things:
- The latest sequence variants from dbSNP build 137 for human
- New DNA methylation data from multiple human and mouse cell lines including data from ENCODE and ES cells in both species
- Updated human and mouse CCDS sets
- An increased number of human phenotype annotations
- New COSMIC variants update
- An import of the Exome Sequencing project dataset
- More 1000 Genomes structural variations
- The first inclusion of HAVANA manual curation for Ensembl genes in pig
- Update of the HAVANA manual curation for human and zebrafish
- Ferret (Mustela putorius furo) and Southern Platyfish (Xiphophorus maculatus) genomes with full annotation. These are new species and each will include an RNA-seq database in addition to the gene annotation. These species will also be included in new multiple and pairwise alignments and into recalculated GeneTrees and homology annotations.
For more details on the declared intentions, please visit our Ensembl admin site. Please note that these are intentions and are not guaranteed to make it into the release.