The Ensembl Genomes Project is pleased to announce release 5 of Ensembl Genomes.
The main highlights of this release are:
- Software migration to Ensembl 58
- Total of 6 new bacterial genomes for Escherichia/Shigella and Staphylococcus collections for Ensembl Bacteria; pairwise alignments added for all collections.
- 2 new genomes, Phaeodactylum tricornutum and Thalassiosira pseudonana, for Ensembl Protists; pairwise alignments added.
- A. fumigatus A1163 genome added to Ensembl Fungi.
- Pristionchus pacificus genome from Wormbase and updates to the Drosophilia variation database added to Ensembl Metazoa.
- Updates to the variation databases for A.thaliana, O.sativa japonica and V.vinifera in Ensembl Plants.
For further details regarding this release please visit: